The Blue Ridge Christian Values Conference brings together young people from across the country. The conference is held at the YMCA Blue Ridge Assembly in Black Mountain, North Carolina. The setting, with its beautiful view of the Blue Ridge Mountains, reminds us all of God’s Handiwork.
Our Mission is inspired by John 17:21, “that they all may be one.” At the conference, we promise to:
- Create a diverse atmosphere that is welcoming to all
- Exemplify sound moral beliefs & emphasize the importance of being an example to peers on and off the mountain
- Provide positive, consistent discipline
- Provide a safe, positive, Christian environment
- Provide caring adults who are dedicated to the spiritual, mental and physical growth of all teens
- Provide active steps in spiritual growth
- Supply positive life skills for teens
- Create diverse, unique, challenging activities that encourage continued participation
The conference is divided into FAMILY TIME, SOCIAL TIME, SPECIAL EVENTS, and DEVOTIONS with large doses of fun spread throughout the week.
Much of the week is spent in a family group. A small group of teens from throughout the country and an adult facilitator discuss issues such as your relationships with your family, friends, and God.
Hanging out with other teens is what many delegates enjoy about Blue Ridge. There are several opportunities each day for this, and an entire afternoon is set aside for hiking, swimming, or just hanging out with new and old friends.
- Welcome Session – Each year has its own theme. Click the Theme page to know how to dress for this fun-filled event to get the week kicked off.
- Madness – Monday night everyone will dress up to celebrate a theme that is chosen by the CLC each year. Check out the Theme page for this year’s theme.
- Wreckoning – Family groups will go head to head in fun games that you definitely don’t play at home.
- Talent Show – If you can sing, play an instrument or have some other talent, show us at the Talent Show.
- Dancing With The Stars– The DJ will be cranking’ out the hits so you can get down
- Banquet & Closing Program – At the end of the week, we take time to get dressed up and enjoy a good meal together. We also recognize our student leaders and adults in the Closing Program
- Fire of Friendship – Before getting on the bus, we take some time to reflect on the week with this bonfire ceremony, which is the culmination of the week for many.
Although most of our time is spent in our family groups, we all get together for devotions each morning and night. There is singing led by our talented song leaders and a message from our inspiring chaplain.
July 17-21, 2022